Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kate Stewart 1995-2010

Every Friday I usually try to post some pictures of mine and my wife's "kids." Unfortunately, we have one less "child" today. Kate -- who has been with me since she was a puppy -- has passed away.

Kate was one of the most stubborn dogs I have ever met. She was also incredibly demanding. She would come into the office and demand attention. She was also smarter than most people I know. I am known to make the joke, "the more people I know, the more I like my dogs." Kate is a big reason for that.

But most importantly, she got me through some of the most difficult periods in my life. She was always there in my corner. Even when she got older and was a bit arthritic, she would still go up the stairs with me and follow me to the office. That loyalty is what won my heart over. I could look down at her and say, "we're going to the gates of hell." And she would look up and say, "and what are we waiting for?" I will miss her very much.

The blog is closed until Monday. Until then, go spend time with the people in your life that mean the most to you. And if you are so inclined, please make a donation to a local animal rescue site or no kill shelter.